02 August 2008

Best made plans


Well its looks like this weekends plans have gone tits up :O(


As you know I was planning to go to Brighton today for Pride, and then take the airship ride tomorrow to start my week off with a bang.


I desperately needed a haircut too, so despite waking up really too late to go to Brighton to catch the parade I went to my regular barber who is just up the road. Unfortunately instead of the regular Jovial Giovanni, there were a couple of chavvy girls in there who kept me waiting 10 minutes whilst they were laughing and joking out the back - still, once I eventually did get it cut she did a pretty reasonable job.


Now I'm sitting here and its 11 am, I'll never get to Brighton in time to see the parade and its raining - so thats really put a damper on today.


Now the airship is another matter - you have to check the traffic lights on their website to see if the flights are going ahead. The airship can't fly if its too windy or its raining. Most of this week the lights have been either red or amber which is cancelled or unlikely.

So yesterday Brian rang me at work to say that he'd had a call from the operators to say that due to the Red Bull Flugtag thing taking place on the Thames this Sunday, the route would be altered and we would miss out flying over docklands and the Dome. They gave us the choice of cancelling or rearranging the flight - which we've re scheduled for next Sunday the 10th when hopefully the weather will be better and we'll be able to fly the full route as advertised.


Now Im thinking that I might go to see the Dark Knight this evening - I've heard its a very good film and I'm guessing that theres not much that can go wrong at the cinema !


No comments: