04 March 2011

Times flies

Well will you look at that - my last post I was half way through my week off and then suddenly I've been back at work for a week and not given you any updates !

ok, so here it is in a nutshell
I had a lovely day out with Sara and the kids and dogs at Black Park - I took the camera and managed to get some nice pictures which I have put on Flickr. Sara had very kindly got me £20 worth of vouchers for that cake shop I told you about in Rickmansworth (Cinnamon Square), so I shall be making full use of those before too long.

On the Friday my boss was having his leaving drinks 'do' after work. It started off in our regular lunchtime haunt (Passion Bar) where he had got them to lay on some food which was really tasty. KSR had quite a good turn out of people and it was a nice atmosphere in there. We left Passion at about 6:30 and caught the train to Oxford Circus, where he had reserved places in a club called Loop (which was right opposite John Lewis in Oxford Street) despite it not being too bad in there, I didn't really want to spend the night in a straight bar with my workmates, so I had arranged to meet up with my friend Brian in Soho.

We did a bit of a pub crawl (The Village, Comptons, The Yard) and ended up in Bar Code which was surprisingly good. Brians friend Dr Napper had joined us during the night and suggested we went downstairs in BarCode to the 'Bear Cage' - not something I'd have normally done but I'd been drinking on an empty tum and was game for most things !

Now, my usual routine when I go to London is to have a few drinks and start posting rubbish onto Facebook - however my phone inexplicably died half way through the night and left me unable to do any updates

so consequently I had noting to keep me occupied on the train
I fell asleep
woke up in Berkhamstead
and had to pay £30 for a taxi to get home - but it was a Lexus !

never again - until the next time !

Hopefully baking this weekend, so there should be more to read on Monday !

No comments: