11 October 2007

Kinda sums me up at the minute !

toothpaste for dinner
toothpastefordinner.com


Well all in all its not been a good week.

I don't know whats the matter with me but I seem to be on a bit of a downer at the minute. I think that I suffer with SAD but I don't think its worth going to bother the doctor with, just better to get used to the dark nights and wet days - ho hum.

So yesterday the journey into work was horrible, I got there too late to get into the car park and then had to park miles up the road - not a good start. Then in the afternoon I had my appraisal with my boss which wasn't bad in itself, but I just find those things a total waste of time. Questions like "Where do you want your career to go in the next three years ? " when youre rapidly approaching 46 and have been in the job for 18 years is so pointless !

Then today I had the M1 fiasco - ok the accident was quite serious but was it really necessary to close five whole junctions for 12 hours ? As a result Watford ground to a standstill this morning and it took me an hour and twenty minutes to do an 8 mile journey - coming home this evening was no easier as the motorway only reopened once the rush hour was in full swing, so everybody was diverting back through Watford again - doh !

The only brightside to the day was that I got a new foster cat this evening - I was meant to be getting a ginger and white 10 year old girl on Saturday morning, but RSPCA Sarah called me this morning to say that she was a bit 'feisty' (the cat - not Sarah )and would I like to try something else. I said ok, so I have a 4 to 5 year old stray called Slim (although hes not thin in the slightest - bit of a fat beast to be honest) pics to follow soon.

and my washing machine stopped working tonight too - can't decide to get a new one or see how much a repair will come too - decisions decisions !

1 comment:

OddThomas said...

LOL - that cartoon sums me up at work every day!!!