28 July 2008

a nice hectic weekend


This weekend was quite a busy one for me (which makes a pleasant change).

On Saturday I went to the British Motor Show over in Docklands with a couple of mates. I'd been looking forward to going quite a lot, as there were quite a few cars there that I wanted to see - despite only having bought a new car less then two months ago. My argument was that it never hurts to have a wish list!

Despite TFL's best efforts to scupper our day with train delays, cancellations and having to go on a bus (I physically feel sick saying it, lol), we all met up at around twelve and stayed until just after four pm. There was a lot to see there and I highly recommend it - its just on saturday it was so hot both inside and out that we started flagging after four hours. The best of the pictures can be seen on my Flickr site.

Sunday was slightly more sedate as I was going to a friends for a birthday BBQ. I thought that I'd made a cake as something to take, but something went horribly wrong between getting it out of the oven and onto the plate :O( Instead of it being a perfectly risen feat of baking excellence, the middle flopped out when I tried to get it out of the tin, so all I was left with was a three inch circle of cake surrounding a big hole. I could have iced it and claimed it was one of those ring cakes but that would really have been cheating !

Anyway I had a great afternoon, nice food, good company and plenty of sunshine - what more could you ask for !

No comments: