27 July 2007

Car trouble

The battery in my car’s bleeper died yesterday morning – not good.

I drive a Renault Megane (the ‘Shaking dat ass’ one) and you can only open the doors by having this key card thing on you. Now I’ve known for a few weeks that the battery was on its way out, but being too smart to buy a new one, I figured that if I kept removing the battery and huffing on it, I could get at least another couple of months out of it :o(

Unfortunately this time it gave up the ghost totally, I stood there like some common car thief, rattling the handle in the hope I could get in, but it was having none of it. Then I remembered that there is an ‘emergency’ key thing that you can push into a hole in the lock and it should open the doors – that didn’t work either.

Then it started to rain, and I was faced with the choice of

walk back home and see if I can find a battery that will fit or
find somewhere to shelter

I went for the shelter option and spent two minutes huddled under some bush that was alive with spiders, waiting for the shower to pass. Unfortunately with the wind blowing quite strongly the bush didn’t provide much cover and I ended up getting quite wet.

So now I’m damp, running late for work and have the possiblilty of spiders laying eggs in my ears - brilliant.

I reach for the handle for one more try and ‘ker-ching’ it opens

Didn't you just know that was going to happen

1 comment:

OddThomas said...

LMAO - that's Karma teaching you a lesson :-D