19 April 2011

Hot Hot Hot

So here we are, Tuesday the 19th April and summer has arrived ! Ok, maybe not arrived officially, but in my office, we claim summer starts on the first day that we have to turn the air conditioning on so todays the day!

This building has got to be the worst place to be on a summers day when its hot, namely because
  • its south facing
  • its got a flat roof and we are on the top floor
  • its not a proper building, more like one of those temporary site huts that you get on building sites, so insulation and ventilation are non existant
So I'm sitting here with an air conditioner throbbing its way into my left ear, the blinds all down to try and keep it cool, and the thermometer is still saying that its 86 degrees in here - phew !

There is one consolation to this though, and thats the fact the are are only in here for 4 days this week thanks to Easter coming so early this year - and the BBC weather reports are saying that we are in for a couple of weeks of this lovely weather. Hopefully they will prove to be correct and I can start working on the tan !

In other news I took the new camera out for a spin at the weekend and I was very happy with the results, the pictures are on my Flickr feed. I only managed to get to St Albans but I had a nice wander around the cathedral and then down through the park afterwards.

I went to the gym last night and met Baked by Brian there, which was nice as I'd not seen him for ages. Managed to burn through 850 odd calories last night so it was a very worthwhile session - I wonder how much I'll shed this evening if it stays as warm as it is now !

No comments: