06 April 2011

a quick morning update

Well I christened the bread machine last night and it was pretty successful to be honest - the brown loaf setting took three and a half hours as opposed to the five that it took with Sara's machine - however there are a couple of drawbacks
1. Its SO noisy ! - I don't know if its because its new and the parts have to work themselves in a bit, but when it started whirring away, the cats took off and flew into the garden

2. Its got an annoying bleep that tells you when to add the nuts / seeds and when its starting to bake for the final time (plus when its finished) Theres no way that you could have that on over night unless you wanted to use it as an alarm clock !

So this is my first attempt, its a wholemeal loaf with Poppy Seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped hazelnuts and  pecan and walnut pieces. It does look slightly insipid but I had it on a medium crust setting - I'll put it on the dark one next time and see how that turns out.

But if you close your eyes when you eat it, the taste was very good - big up for me !

No comments: