12 April 2011

Itching like a dog with fleas ...

Unfortunately I suffer with prickly heat - I don't get it all the time but when it happens it lasts for days. Its probably one of the few traits that I inherited from my dad :(    It all started at the weekend, what with the nice weather it was top off, shorts on and start doing stuff in the garden :) I just didn't realise how strong the sun must have been, despite giving myself a good coating with sun protection spray.

So last night (Monday) when I got home from work I had a little itch on my chest which I scratched, then it moved to my stomach, so I scratched it there. Fifteen minutes later I was going frantic - I was itching so much I was in danger of tearing my skin - stress major ! Luckily I found some Piriton tablets in the cupboard so I took a couple and went to the gym figuring that being there and doing something would take my mind off things, which it did.

I had another bout of it at work today so I went to Boots at lunchtime and bought some anti histamine pills and a cream which has certainly calmed it down a bit - fingers crossed it will be back to normal by tomorrow.

and in other news, I made a mad impulse buy on QVC on Saturday - I've been thinking of getting a new camera for a while and they had this little beauty on a Todays Special Value offer.

You had a choice of black, red, blue or white - initially I was going to go for the red one as I think they look really smart, but after seeing the white one being demonstrated I opted for that one.

Its on 4 easy pay installments, but I can try it for 30 days and still send it back if it doesn't cut the mustard.

The courier tried to deliver it today but I was at work, so I will call them tomorrow to get it delivered to the office.

I also ran out of bread this evening so I made another loaf with the bread maker - this time I used Allinsons 'Seed and Grain white bread flour' and it looks pretty good .

Overall I'm very pleased with the bread machine, although for my taste the loaf could do with being slightly crustier - next time I'll just use it to make the dough and then I'll finish the bread off in the oven, that way I should have a bit more control over the crust colour.

No comments: