05 April 2011

Ouch !

Last weekend was rather pleasant, well at least it was in sunny Watford. With this in mind I decided to tackle some odds and ends that needed doing in the garden, namely

Loading the car with bags of tree clippings and taking them to the dump
Weeding some of the borders
Replacing the broken trellis panel that collapsed under the weight of the snow
Putting in a new garden spotlight to illuminate my Acer tree
... and generally chilling out and fussing the cats

and so it came to pass that I thought the cats might like some nibbles as they were sitting with me in the sunshine. So as I went into the house I managed to kick this paving slab which has been there for the past 14 years minding its own business. Now I'm never very good with blood, so when I touched the bottom of my foot and felt a big flap of skin that really shouldn't have been there, I started to feel a bit giddy, then came the blood !  Thankfully I managed to make it into the bathroom so I could have a sit down (talk about a drama queen !)
So anyway, I just found the biggest plaster that I could find and whacked it on top of the loose skin, holding it firmly in place for a good ten minutes - that seemed to stem the flow of blood. That was on Saturday, its now Tuesday and I still haven't been able to bring myself to look at it properly - I know theres no infection there but sooner or later I'm going to have to attack it with some nail scissors and I'm not looking forward to it at all !

In other news I bought a bread machine at the weekend and I'm going to christen it this evening

I managed to find this one in Currys for £49.99 after a £30 reduction, which was pretty good in my book. Unfortunately the first one that I collected didn't have any instructions or anything in the box apart from the machine itself. This despite being assured by the assistant that 'because the box didn't have a special sticker on it, it meant that it was all in there' - yeah right !

anyway, if its a resounding success, I'll post some pictures later of my first loaf - fingers crossed !

No comments: