04 February 2011

Big night out

Well to be honest any night out is a bit of a treat for me right now - even a trip to Asda fills me with a warm tingle ! The reason being is that I've tried to be good since Christmas by not spending money recklessly and trying to keep my expenditure down to a minimum. Mostly its worked, but when you are used to buying stuff on a whim and not even thinking about how you're going to pay for it, it does rather put a dampener on things.

Anyway, this evening I'm going out for a meal with some work colleagues to celebrate Jacqui's 40th birthday on Sunday. We are heading to a restaurant in Hatch End called Black Pepper and I have to say it does look quite nice.


We had the option of picking from the party menu (2 courses for £20 or 3 for £25), or individual items from the ala carte. I've never been very adventurous when it comes to food so I opted for the party menu - Chicken breast with veg in a tomato and garlic sauce followed by Apple pie and vanilla ice cream (photos will follow later on) Hopefully it will be a good night - they have put us in a room at the back of the restaurant so it should be a bit more relaxed as we all know each other.

I'm taking the camera tonight, so fingers crossed I should get some decent pictures to stick on here or facebook

Have a good weekend !

No comments: