15 February 2011

Treated to lunch

I've done quite a lot since my last posting so I'll just do a bit of a catch up for you all.

Saturday morning I had a market research meeting to attend - it was at Windsor Racecourse and all about cars so I was quite looking forward to it. Once we checked in we were taken to a room to get a coffee and some biscuits whilst watching a short film about how they wanted us to do the research. Once watched, they took us outside to a marquee where there were 4 cars on show - A Peugeot 207, Citroen DS3 (lovely), Nissan Juke (weird but smart) and a Mini - the mini was hidden behind a curtain - we had to compare and rate the other three cars first of all and then compare those ot the mini.

As market research things go it was very interesting and surprising to see how your initial impression can change once you've sat in a car and played around a bit. Anyway, it was £75 for two hours of my time and I quite enjoyed it.

Once that finished I decided to visit my cousin Graham at his nursery near Farnham, seeing as I was well over half the way there. I'd not seen him for a few months and we had a good catch up - unfortunately he didn't have much in the way of spring bedding plants. I was a bit too early so I'll have to go back in a month or so.

On Sunday I decided to do a bit of baking to make some Valentines gifts to take into work. I did a selection of cookies and some red velvet cupcakes - I have to say I was pleased with how the cupcakes looked (and seeing this post is written in arrears, I can vouch that they tasted pretty good too.

 


So I took the selection of cakes and goodies into work yesterday and they went down a storm - the biscuits in cellophane bags looked ever so good and I was very pleased with the ribbons (which I bought from Ideal World)

Today (Tuesday) our boss took us to lunch at the local Indian bar up the road from work - he's leaving next week to take up a job in the main building and he very kindly treated us to the meal which was good of him.

I was feeling a tad bloated from all the food and cake that I've been having recently, so this evening I went to the gym for the first time in a week - I managed to go on the running machine and the cross trainer, burning off 500 cals in the process - yay for me !

No comments: