09 February 2011

A bit of a catch up

Ok, its been a few days since my last entry so this is a brief round up.

Friday nights celebrations at the Black Pepper restaurant were very good. They had put us in a little room at the back which they had decorated with balloons and streamers - it was a really nice atmosphere and we had a good time. The food was very tasty, you didn't get much for your money, but I've never been one for eating out "Twenty quid for a chicken breast, I could buy a weeks shopping for that !!"  I did take a few photo's but unfortunately my little Sanyo camera really struggles in bad lighting so they didn't come out too clearly.

Warm apple pie and ice cream
delish !
Oilves and oil - filth !
On Saturday I went to Watford in the morning and then gymmed after lunch - I was very pleased to break my 1000 calorie limit, a first for me ! Can't really remember much of the rest of the day.

  Sunday I gymmed again after lunch, but it was a much lamer 400 cals this time - I think I was feeling the effects from Saturday. In the evening I made some of Nigellas 'Salty chocolate peanut bars' to bring into the office - very tasty !


Monday was just work as usual - I had planned on going to the gym but developed a monster headache from mid afternoon onwards. Got home and fell asleep for three hours which helped a bit, but it didn't quite clear it.


Last night I went over to see P (the ex) - I'd not caught up with him since Christmas and was conscious that it had been a bit too long. I stayed there a couple of hours and we had a good chat, sadly he had been burgled a couple of weeks ago so things had been a bit stressful for him lately. He had fitted a burglar alarm at the weekend which hopefully will stop anything from happening in the future.



So thats been me so far this week, although today is shaping up pretty well. We were scheduled to have a staff team meeting between four and five this afternoon, but thats been put off until tomorrow morning - yes !

This evening I'm hoping to get the the gym for a bit, and then I have to make a batch of cakes to take to my friend Sara's tomorrow night. I have all the bits at home, so I'm making the carrot cake muffins that i bought in here a couple of weeks ago - they went down very nicely.

I'm also planing to do a bit of baking this weekend, just to bring some bits into work on Monday for valentines - I was thinking of heart shaped cookies, glazed with royal icing in shades of red, white and pink, plus a batch of red velvet cupcakes. Nothing says "I love you (cake)", more than red velvet cupcakes with a dreamy vanilla frosting




1 comment:

Brian said...

oooh is that tongues I see! Shocking and I thought you were a clean living boy. You have certainly packed enough in.