19 February 2011

I've got a Nigella whisk !

So I finally made it to the weekend - it has been a very long week at work.

Thursday evening Julie came over and gave me a much needed haircut, it was long overdue and it looks a lot smarter now. You know when you get to that stage and you think, "shall I grow it a bit longer or shall I have it all lopped off " well the lopped off option won :O) Unfortunately I have very fine hair, so keeping it nice and short is much the easiest way to have it - you can gel it, spike it up, or zhuzh it in so many ways !

Friday was my last day at work for a week, so that was all very good. After work I went over to see my cousin Allison who lives in Pinner. We had quite a nice evening and she managed to stay awake for
nearly the whole time I was there which is almost a miracle !

This morning I decided to get up early and go to the gym, basically to get it out of the way as I was meeting up with Pete for lunch.
I don't know whether it was a combination of going there too early or just not feeling in the mood for a workout, but I only managed to do 300 calories and decided that was enough. I'd been on the cross trainer first of all and then went on the spinning bike, but I got a bad pain in my knees so left it at that. Still 300 calories was better than nothing.

I went to Petes and he treated me to a lovely Thai curry at a restaurant in Borehamwood - we've been there before and the food is really good. We were the first people in there, so the food arrived really quickly and we had the waiters undivded attention.
Pete had also bought me some great gifts for my birthday which was really too much - I opened them a day early but what the hell - I'm 49 and I can do as I please :O)




So incase you can't work out whats what, there are a set of measuring cups that look like Russian Dolls, they are going on display for certain (in fact I very nearly bought myself a set of those in the Habitat sale, they are so cool). Then there was a silicon cake mould that makes a cake that looks like a sandwich - I can have hours or fun making fillings for that one.
And last, but not least, a Nigella whisk - I saw her using it in her latest series and thought that it looked so smart, and it is, The prongs sound like wind chimes when you rattle it - nothing like a bit of Zen in the kitchen when you're cooking up a storm !

No comments: