17 February 2011

Tingling in the nether regions !

You might have noticed that I've not been going to the gym as much as I should have been lately, in fact last week was a total washout on the exercise front.

I get very down when it comes to weight and trying to stay fit - Some mornings you wake up and you just feel fat. You don't need to get on the scales, you can know that you are heavier than you were the day before and theres no real reason for it happening. Its a bit like Gordon Brown with his "boom and bust" - as long as my weight is falling then everything is perfect. But as soon as you see it start going up you think 'whats the point' and break out the chocolate or biscuits :O(

Its more annoying for me - last year I booked a course of treatment called Hypoxi and I managed to drop from 77.3 kgs to 72.5 kgs which was a great result. I did this by having the Hypoxi and being careful what I ate. Since finishing the course, I've still remained pretty strict on what I eat and not going overboard on the whole sweets / crisps and chocolate thing. I even joined the YMCA gym in Watford around November time and have been going almost religiously. Yet despite all this my weight has been creeping up by 100g here, 100g there, so now I'm almost back at the point where I started. People have said that its fat turning into muscle that makes you heavier and to a certain extend that could be right as I have a lot more definition in my legs than I ever had.

Anyway, so I didn't gym on Monday night as I had a pounding headache, Tuesday I went and managed to do 500 calories, and I went again last night meeting up with Baked by Brian (who oddly enough was there early for once and had 'apparently' burned off 200 odd calories before I arrived :O)  )
So we had a session on the cross trainers and then went onto these new 'spinning bikes' that arrived over the weekend.

The bikes are really good, they have a much more detailed display than the regular bikes, and they have a screen so you can watch tv, or a motivational/training video, or you can plug your i-pod into a slot and listen to your own tunes or watch a movie - very smart

So during the ride, Baked by Brian says 'Ooh, thats different' and smiled. After a bit of banter it turns out he had the same thing as I did last week - a strange tingly sensation around your bits. As we walked to the lockers on the way out, I got it too

I don't know if it was down to the new spinning bikes or not, but I think I've found my new favourite exercise machine !

1 comment:

Brian said...

What do you mean 'apparently', I worked my arse off burning 200 calories, while your still stuffing your face with chocolate biscuits. Bloody cheek. I must say I like the new bikes, I think it will be a fight to get on them in future though.