29 August 2007

Bank Holiday Monday

I called my friend Odd Thomas this morning (getting him out of bed) to see if he fancied a run out to take some photographs - he said that he did so I picked him up and we took a drive to Stowe Ornamental gardens near Brackley.

Despite having been there last summer, almost a year to the day, I managed to get lost on the way and it was only thanks to TomTom on my phone that we found the place.

Unfortunately, despite it being nice in Watfford when we left, it had turned a bit overcast when we arrived there which didn't really make for inspiring shots - still we had a nice afternoon pottering about and did have some tea and cake in the only restaurant on the estate. We should have eaten when we first arrived as by the time we had gone back for the second attempt at queueing, all that was left was overpriced and underfilled.

On the drive up there O.T. had said that he always had this idea about taking pictures of bales of hay in a field - so on the way back when I saw the ideal 'photo opp' for this, we made a sudden stop to grab some photos. Unfortunately O.T. didn't appreciate my driving skills as swerving in front of a fast approaching car did nothing to settle his nerves - still, it didn't hit us, did it ??

When we got back home, we looked thru the pictures, which can be seen here, and here, and then we finally got around to booking our week up in the Lake District - woo hoo !
We're having a week away taking pictures at the end of the months, really looking forward to that as I've never been further north than Sheffield !

1 comment:

Jo Hill said...

Hi Mark

I would like to use your aerial photo of Blackheath. I'm really sorry to post this as a comment on your blog but I don't know how else to contact you. Could you get in touch with me on jo@opengym.co.uk

Thanks

Jo