14 August 2007

Monday - Surprise package


Paul called this morning to tell me that a parcel had arrived for me – now much as I love surprises I knew that it was going to be one of two things. Either the LED decking lights that I had ordered for the back garden or a rather sweet little camcorder that I had seen and decided was this months ‘must have’

Knowing that there was something at home waiting for me made the day pass quite quickly and I was in quite a good mood for a Monday which is a pretty rare event. Anyway when I got home it was the camcorder – whoopee! Now at this point I really have to give credit to the online store
E-Atay – I’d ordered the camera on Friday morning and had opted for the free delivery which was stated as 7-10 days, seeing as I wasn’t in any great rush to get it. Having it there waiting for me on Monday evening was very good service in my book !

Now back to the camcorder – my reason for wanting one was that last weekend when I went to Brighton Pride, I’d recorded parts of the parade using the ‘movie’ mode on my stills camera and unfortunately they didn’t come out very clear , especially when you try to view it at anything bigger than a postage stamp size. Now I’m no budding Spielberg, all I wanted was something neat that would take a reasonable movie clip that would let me have a decent memory of days out.

After not very much research, I opted for a Sanyo Xacti DV2, based on the fact that it recorded in High Definition , it was the right price and it was small enough not to attract attention when I’m using it. I hate having things that get me noticed, especially when it comes to cameras and gadgets – blending into the background is the only way to go :O)

So I spent last night charging up the battery and having a bit of a play around with it – I’m not planning on winning any Oscars but hopefully I can get CJ doing something funny that I might be able to post on Youtube!

No comments: