29 August 2007

Knebworth House

I was meant to be meeting me friend from Cambridge today - there was a Classic Car show on at Knebworth House which seemed a good reason to meet up with him and to get some nice photos at the same time. Unfortunately when my phone woke me at ten past twelve it was Paul asking which part of the show I was near so we could meet up - doh !


Anyway after a speedy shower and whizz up the A1, I made it to Knebworth by 1:00 pm which was pretty good going. It was nice to see such a variety of cars from my growing years, but most of them had the bonnets raised to show off the engine bays which didn't make for very good pictures - I did take quite a few though and you can see them all here.


My best comment was to my friend on a car that he used to own "Did your one have eyelashes too ?" "No, they're headlamp covers" - well they look like eyelashes to me :O)


The highlight (or not) of the day had to be the Dinosaur area. This was a part of the park where they had model dinosaurs to enthrall and frighten the kiddies - now I don't know what you think, but I've glimpsed myself in the mirror just after waking up and I'm much scarier than anything on show here.

No comments: