22 August 2007

water laugh

I’ve just been looking up on the Unison website to see what’s happening with our pay rise this year – the increase was meant to come into effect on the 1st April but so far there has not been any movement.

Anyway, I started to read this page about their ‘water@work’ campaign, which is trying to get employers to provide mains drinking water for their staff, rather than shipping in bottled water with all the associated transport costs, disposal of the plastic bottles etc. Now I’m sure that it’s a very well intentioned campaign but this paragraph did make me laugh, and I quote ..

“The second (point) is to make sure that employers provide adequate drinking water for their staff. "It's about getting drinking water out of the toilets and into the workplace," says UNISON senior national officer Steve Bloomfield. “

Hmm, well if it’s a choice of toilet or bottled, bottled wins everytime – just call me old fashioned !

2 comments:

OddThomas said...

I've heard of people drinking their own urine, but please, lets leave the fetishists to their privacy!!

Foshie said...

its one of those comments that you couldn't make up if you tried