20 August 2007

The lull before the storm :)

You can probably guess from my lack of postings that nothing very thrilling has happened over the past few days – don’t worry its not that my creative juices have dried up, more a case of nothing spectacular to blog about.

Highlights since my last post include ordering a memory card for the new camcorder, going to visit my cousin in Pinner and taking Friday off to let Comet have a second bash at fixing my oven ! Whoopee doo I hear you cry :O)

Thinking about it, taking Friday off wasn’t too bad as I managed to get the lights wired into the decking whilst I was waiting for the Comet guy to arrive. Incidentally I now have a fully functioning oven and Rene is my new favourite name :OP. That’s the one good thing about scheduling work to be done on a Friday, it makes for a nice short week and an extended weekend.

So the Comet visit went quite smoothly but alas the memory card was a bit of a kerfuffle. Now I don’t know what happens where you live, but our postman has a habit of not knocking when there is a recorded delivery – he just slips a card thru with the regular post so by the time you’ve picked the mail up, he’s long gone and you have to go to the sorting office to collect your package. This happened on Thursday with my memory card so I went to the sorting office on Friday to pick it up. Despite the card saying that I could collect the letter 4 hours after receipt of the card, they couldn’t find my package and said that I should go back on Saturday morning - doh! So I went back again on Saturday morning and after a twenty minute wait they finally found my package filed under D which is neither my name or my road name – they’re really useless.

Sunday afternoon I went for a troll around Watford with Odd Thomas but thankfully he didn’t get me to spend anything this time – he’s a really bad influence when it comes to making a fool part with his money :) We did go into Prescence for a nice coffee / smoothie and a couple of huge biscuits though.

After a quick drive around looking for garden water feature shops we went back to mine where we messed about with the camcorder trying out the various settings etc – trust me, seeing yourself close up on a 37” screen isn’t good – still we did get the hang of most of the controls.
After that we had a play with the PS3 and downloaded a couple of trial versions of games, one being Rub-a-Dub. I’ve never liked all the killing and violent titles on the Playstation, so finding a game where you guide rubber ducks around a maze avoiding clockwork sharks could have been written for me !

No comments: