20 January 2011

Back on track

I've not felt right over the last few days, not ill or unwell, nothing like that, I've just not been feeling myself (go on, laugh now, get it out of your system).

Tuesday evening I couldn't even motivate myself to go to the gym, I just stayed indoors, had a nice supper and then cooked myself a huge pot of soup, something that I'd never made before.
I have to say it was very easy to do and I was really pleased with the way it tasted - it was called Moroccan Tomato, which I guess was because the recipe uses Cumin and chick peas (although I don't like Cumin, I think it tastes like mud so I used coriander instead)

So yesterday (Weds) I felt a bit more positive when I woke up. I had a decent day at work, got home and had a big bowl of soup and a slice of sourdough toast. Then I went to the gym for an hour and met up with Brian which was good. He bought me some samples of his latest baking session - peanut cookies and a Danish pastry. The cookies were really good - I woofed those down with a cup of tea when I got home.

Ok, purists might argue 'whats the point in gymming if you eat biscuits afterwards' - however I saw something much worse on Monday night. When I arrived there was a guy who was on the far end treadmill by the window - he wasn't pressing himself too hard (in my opinion) and after about ten minutes of a leisurely workout, he went to his bag and pulled out a Crunchie bar which he then walked about the room eating. Even the girl on the machine next to me stopped and mouthed 'whats the point' as he walked past !

I'll rate Brians Danish pastry once I've chomped it this afternoon - it looked to tasty good for elevenses !

No comments: