29 January 2011

Last day of the holidays..

... and where did that week go ? I wish the week at work would fly past just as quickly !

So where were we, oh yes, Tuesday's post and the date on Wednesday. Well I met the guy as arranged at 12:00 outside WHSmiths in Rickmansworth, good place for a meet eh ! Having previously decided that I wanted to try eating something at the Cinnamon Square bakery, that was where we headed.
I had a coffee and a small cinnamon square bun (having bought a large one last Saturday and taken nearly all day to eat it - they're massive) D had a hot chocolate and a Danish something with almonds on top. We grabbed a table upstairs and spent a good couple of hours chatting which was good - turns out that we have a couple of mutal friends which isn't that surprising really. D went to a 33rd birthday party in London at the weekend which I had been invited too but just didn't fancy it on the night - small world.
I'll probably see him again but who can tell.

As for the rest of the week its been a bit of a blur really. I had a day in the garden clearing up leaves and dead plants, then taking them to the dump. I semi sorted out the front bedroom and got rid a lot of the clutter in there, there is still a bit more to go but its not as frightening now.
I did a bit of shopping grabbing some bargain quilts in TJ Hughes which pleased me quite a lot and thats sort of been it really.

I did manage to squeeze in a couple of sessions at the gym, but didn't go today as it was an 'open day' so it would have been full of people trying things out for free - I'll go back tomorrow afternoon for my regular session.

Then thats my week over, I'm going to do a spot of baking tomorrow night just to take some bits into work as a 'welcome home' for Chris (he's been on holiday for three weeks to Australia and Fidji) I'm thinking Lemon Maderia cake and salty chocolate peanut torte (one of Nigellas creations)

so I'm going to finish with a couple of pictures of my new garden lights, courtesy of QVC, they're solar and seem to be working pretty well despite the weather having been really naff the last day or two.

There are three of them and they colour change - its so me !!




1 comment:

Brian said...

Those lights are so camp! No wonder you like them :-) Glad you had a nice week, will catch up with you from work. Bri