21 January 2011

The holiday starts here

Ok, I know its only been three weeks since Christmas but I thought it was time that I booked some leave from work - it never pays to run yourself into the ground, does it ! So I've got all of next week off (which is good) and I've also booked off the week following my birthday in February (which is better). That leaves me with just one more week to use up before the end of March, when the whole thing starts over again (which is better still).

I've not really got any definite plans for the week because at this time of year you can never be certain what tricks the weather will play on you. If its nice I'd like to get a bit of work done in the back garden, if its wet and horrible, I'm going to get my back bedroom decorated. Add into that a trip to Ikea with my cousin, a 'date' on Wednesday, various visits to the gym and it won't leave me very much time at all !

In other news, I went to the gym last night but felt thoroughly shattered before I'd even got there - consequently I only managed to shed 400 calories in my 50 minute stint, which was not very good at all - slapped legs for me !

Brian's Danish pastry as mentioned in my previous post was very nice, although in my view it could have done with being about twice the size - you never skimp when it comes to cake :)

I'm hoping to do a bit of baking myself next week - I really want to have a stab at baking some bread which I've never tried, plus I've got some friends birthdays coming up, and thought it would be nice to give them something home made. I just need to hone my icing skills because at the minute it generally end up as 'slapping on the icing with a palette knife' and then disguising the cake with sprinkles or jelly beans and a touch of glitter.

I'm sure there will be pictures of my efforts on here if I do bake, and whoever gets the cakes are bound to eat them. In the words of good 'ol Nancy Lam as she said in her restaurant "If you don't like it - don't come back"

2 comments:

Brian said...

Even if the danish was three times the size it would fit in your mouth!
Okay it's just a fit of jealousy on my part as you have weeks of holiday to use up and I hav none.

Foshie said...

Aaah, but you know I'll be thinking of you next week when I'm curled up in bed and I hear about the horrific queues on the M25 :O)