17 January 2011

Where did the weekend go ?

If I didn't know better, I'd swear the sleep pixies had crept in and stolen one of the days over the weekend - it feels like it was no sooner Friday evening than I was slapping my alarm clock to silence Steve Allen and get up for work - ho well !


I did manage to get a fair bit done, which was quite pleasing. Some of it was housework which included changing all the beds, washing down the woodwork and windows, and shampooing the bedroom carpets. Having two cats in the house makes a fair amount of mess as it is, and seeing as one of them had trodden mud all over the quilts it needed to be done.


I took a drive up to Brent Cross on Saturday as I'd seen a couple of baking items in the sales that I wanted to purchase. Just my luck when I went into Fenwicks, that all the items that I'd gone to buy had been snapped up. I had a bit of a wander around and then dropped in at Lakeland on the way home to see what they had to offer me. Thankfully they had the things in there that I couldn't find in Fenwicks, and they were just as cheap so it wasn't a wasted journey. (Just in case anybody is remotely interested in what I bought it was some pastry / icing cutters, a cake leveller and a 'daisy' baking tin which was an impulse buy)


I also managed to do two sessions at the gym which was really pleasing - I burned off 900 calories on both days which is my best effort yet, and I felt remarkably sprightly at the end of it too - I must be getting fitter !


Yesterday I had a nice lazy afternoon. I cooked myself a rather tasty Sunday lunch, and then decided to rustle up some cakes for work as I had some odds and ends in the fridge which needed using up. I made a batch of 12 carrot cake muffins and a victoria sandwich.

The muffins were my best attempt ever, really light and fluffy with loads of air bubbles in them - I can't comment on the victoria sandwich as its still in the fridge waiting to be sliced and diced.


Looks like another 900 this evening isn't even going to scratch the surface today - oh well !

1 comment:

Brian said...

A daisy cake tin huh? You sure the faires opps sorry pixies weren't after that instead of one of your days?