04 January 2011

New year, new start

Well thats the plan !

Crikey, over two years since my last entry and I bet you never missed me at all did you :)

So anyway, the 'new start' is my promise to myself to eat more healthily, exercise more and try to reach my goal of being 11 stone before I hit 49 in February - some chance of that !.
In all honesty I did pretty well over Christmas, managing to resist all kinds of sweets, chocolates and other bad things that were just everywhere - the downside to that was I did sort of let the gym slip a little and unfortunately you have to stay on top of these things.

Consequently, I'm now a bit further away from my target than I want to be - bad times !

So having gone back to work today, I figure that the best option is to throw myself back into the gym with all guns blazing and see what I can do. (and its got nothing at all to do with the fact that there's bound to be 'fresh meat' there tonight trying to shed the Xmas pounds ! )

In other news, New Years Eve was my usual 'hide myself away and wish it all over' affair - I plonked myself on the settee with a bottle of Baileys and watched about 6 episodes of 'Benidorm' on ITV2 - I think my brain was so dumbed down that I didn't have the strength to reach for the remote - even QVC would have been better viewing !


Headed up to London on New Years Day - I wanted to get some pictures of the skating rink at Somerset House, so I went up with a couple of mates. However once we got there one of them decided that he wanted to skate and I just had to join him on the ice (it'd have been rude not to otherwise) I'd forgottten that its been about 20 years since I pulled on a pair of skates, but thought that seeing as I'd been ok when I went skiing a couple of years ago, I'd be fine !
To say that my circuits of the rink were laborious would be a major understatement, but it was a laugh and I'd like to try it again before too long.
Afterwards we headed up to the bright lights of Soho, where unfortunately my skill at drinking too much and talking utter crud came to the fore - good times :)

catch you laters !

No comments: