24 January 2011

Lazy Monday - I wish !

Today is the first day of my weeks leave and I was hoping for a nice relaxing one. I'd already arranged to go and see my friend Joyce for lunch, and as a surprise I wanted to bake her a Victoria Sponge - nothing too difficult there !

Unfortunately, I managed to oversleep this morning and finally work up at 11am, which gave me an hour to bake, clean up , shower and get to Brickett Wood. After a mad rush in the kitchen I managed to knock up a very reasonable Victoria sandwich with strawberry jam and vanilla buttercream, dusted with icing sugar. (I didn't have time to grab a photo, but you all should know what a sponge cake looks like !)

Had a nice afternoon with Joyce and the cake managed to go down very nicely with a couple of cups of tea.

Unfortunately I didn't stay over there as long as usual, as I had to get back home and do some more baking for this evening. One of my 'friends' on facebook (who must have been a random add as we don't have any mutual mates) was chatting last night and asked how much I'd charge for a batch of double choc chip cookies - I really didn't have a clue as I've never reallly made cakes or baked for a profit. After some deliberating we settled on a price, and so there is now a batch of cookies in the kitchen waiting for be dropped off tonight. If he likes them he'll order more - if he doesn't he won't, can't say fairer than that can you ?

gym later on as well, I need to work off last nights bread !!

No comments: