25 January 2011

Tuesday

I had quite a nice day today. I got up reasonably early and drove to my cousins in Pinner for 9:30 ish, from there we headed up to Ikea in Brent Park, which is about a 30 minute drive from her house - depending on the traffic.

We did a circuit of the upper level and stopped off in the cafe for a coffee and a danish pastry which was really tasty. Once refreshed we went downstairs and mooched about in the market place picking up odds and ends as we walked and chatted. Once we'd paid for our stuff which came to a very reasonable £35, we went to the hot dog bar and re-filled our bellies with hot dogs and fizzy pop, which was just what we needed.


Ikea is a strange place - no matter how much you say you are going there 'just to look', you always end up walking out with something. In my case a bunch of ten artificial gerbera flowers, three storage boxes, a jar of jam, some freezer bag clips and the obligatory scented tea lights !


After I dropped Allison home and had a coffee, I detoured into PC world and finally bought the wireless keyboard thing that I'd been harping on about in my previous post - unfortunately they wouldn't give me any more money off for the damaged box, but they opened it in store to show me the contents were fine - hurrah !

So now I have the internet up here in my spare bedroom and also down in the lounge (although the downstairs one is really only for browsing and you-tube as it's only a baby and has a really small hard drive)

Logitech diNovo mini

Oh and I gymmed tonight as well - bully for me !

Early night tonight, I've got a 'date' tomorrow lunchtime and I need my beauty sleep. I'll tell you how it went tomorrow - goodnight all