17 January 2011

Gymboree !


Well tonight was the third day on the trot that I've been to the gym, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty good for it. Saturday and Sunday afternoon I managed to burn off 900 calories in each session. This evening I only managed 800, but I was a bit limited for time.


You see I'm not mean, but I object for paying to park the car at night, in a deserted car park. On a weekend I generally park in Sainsburys where you get two hours free parking - that gives me time to walk to the gym, have a good hour and a half in there and then have a quick wander round the supermarket to pick up my essentials. During the week its easier to park in the multi storey right next to the gym, but you have to pay if you are there longer than an hour, so my week night sessions usually last 45-50 minutes - hence the reason for a lower calorie burn


OK that was a bit wordy but it made sense in my head as I was typing it !


In other news, the cakes that I took to work went down very well. The carrot cake muffins were undoubtedly the best ones that I have ever made, light and fluffy with a really great texture. The victoria sandwich was equally tasty, but some of the cream leeched into the sponge overnight, so it wasn't as light and fluffy as it had been the day before - never mind, it still tasted fine (yes, I did have to try a bit of each!)


oh yes, and my gym partner arrived tonight in what I thought was a 'self portrait' t-shirt - sorry Mr H :O)

1 comment:

Brian said...

How very dare you! Lol. What can I say apart from 'if the shirt fits' but in this case it doesn't anymore as I have lost over 2st in weight. The muffin tasted good by the way!