08 January 2011

Bargain hunting

I don't know about you but I think the sales have been really lame this year. Its either the same old tat that they've been pulling out for the last four or five years (Next) or they've reduced the stuff that nobody wants. Take Boxing Day for example, any self respecting bargain hunter would go out looking for reduced wrapping paper and christmas cards - I did, only to find that the shops had taken all the stock off the shelves - thats just plain mean ! Whats the point in having sales if you can't stock up on bargains for next year !


So anyway, this morning I went to BHS in Watford as I'd picked up two cushions last weekend that were a good match for my settee, and during the week I decided that I wanted a third one. Blow me if the mountain of cushions that they had last week had all but vanished and I just couldn't find the elusive third one anywhere. So as I left the shop I spotted the missing cushion in the window display, so I went in and asked the assistant if I could have it and luckily she got it for me - hurrah ! (A very respectable reduction from £22 down to £8.80)


I was intending to go to the gym this afternoon, but got sidetracked and ended up going to the Galleria in Hatfield where I found some mark down baking tins which I wanted, and I also bought a new water bowl for the cats, some drinking chocolate from Whittards and some Pecan Nuts from Julian Greaves. I feel a bit of baking coming along tomorrow !


This evening I went to my see my brother in Hayes, as he wanted me to clip his rabbits claws and in fairness, they are difficult to do on your own - especially when you have two rabbits as big as his ones are.


So thats been it really, not a really eventful day, but I got some bits done which was good.


Oh and last night I went to my cousins to give her the cake etc, and we had some while I was there - it was a bit firmer in texture than I would have liked, but they all seemed to like the taste which was the main thing.


1 comment:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Greetings from Finland. This blog is a nice through access to other countries and memories for life, humans and wildlife. Come see the pictures Teuvo blog and tell all your friends know why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag rise higher minub blog. Merry started 2011 years Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland